Did you know that 96% of the budget is dedicated to personnel, leaving just 4% to cover the cost of essential equipment, new technology and training to help firefighters do their job.
Fire safety education and outreach are essential. The Foundation helps the LAFD to better train its members, improve its leadership, and strengthen its ties to the community.
The Foundation is a proud supporter of five LAFD Youth Programs. These exciting programs offer students the opportunity to learn about a career in the fire service.