Skip to main content

Helping Our Heroes

About The Friends of LAFD

The Friends of the LAFD is a community of donors who believe our firefighters should have the tools and safety gear they depend on to save lives.  

When you join the Friends of LAFD, you become part of the LAFD family and directly empower the Foundation to do everything possible to fulfill LAFD needs that arise year-round.  

Membership includes a host of insider benefits and unique experiences that bring you closer to the Los Angeles City Fire Department. 


WHY YOUR SUPPORT MATTERS

Approximately 97% of the city’s budget for LAFD goes towards salaries and benefits, leaving just 3% to cover the cost of essential equipment, new technology and training programs. The disparity creates funding shortfalls for equipment for everyday incidents, to resources for specialty units (like the Urban Search & Rescue and Air Operations units). Click here to view the equipment needs we are actively working to fulfill.


GREAT BENEFITS. GREATER CAUSE.

Through the Friends of LAFD, your annual gift will help fulfill outstanding needs, making an impact where it is needed most. Click the name of your desired level to join the Friends of LAFD today.

  • Annual Gift: $100 - $499
    Benefits: Newsletter, LAFD Foundation decal, LAFD pin

  • Annual Gift: $500 - $999
    Benefits: All of the above benefits + A personalized thank you note card from a firefighter, LAFD license plate frame

  • Annual Gift: $1,000 - $2,499
    Benefits: All of the above benefits + Name recognition on the LAFD Foundation website, Invitation to an exclusive LAFD event, LAFD baseball cap

  • Annual Gift: $2,500 - $4,999
    Benefits: All of the above benefits + An invitation to the “State of the LAFD” address by the Fire Chief, official LAFD t-shirt

  • Annual Gift: $5,000 - $9,999
    Benefits: All of the above benefits + 2 VIP tickets to VALOR - the LAFD's annual awards gala

  • Annual Gift: $10,000
    Benefits: All of the above benefits + An invitation to an exclusive dinner event with the Fire Chief


QUESTIONS?

For more information about the Friends of LAFD program, please contact:

Tara Gurlides, Development Director

310-552-4139 | tara@supportlafd.org

-Photo in graphic by Mike Meadows


2020 - 2021 FRIENDS OF LAFD

Thank you to the following individuals, families and organizations for your steadfast support of our firefighters.

  • CHIEF'S CIRCLE

    Lara Ladd
    Joseph and Fiora Stone Foundation
    Nick Roxborough

  • FIRE MARSHAL LEVEL

    Joanne Marie & Marcel George Foundation
    The Matthew & Lee Love Foundation
    Kenneth Uslan

  • BATTALION CHIEF LEVEL

    Michael & Elaine Lips
    Barbara Marcus
    Joseph Matukewicz
    Jennifer GIlbert Michael
    Lyle Poncher
    Paul & Janet Pucino

  • CAPTAIN LEVEL

    Antonieta Arango
    Chris Ashworth
    Bill & Elizabeth Bamattre
    Scott Cooper
    Nathan & Marilyn Cowles
    Susan Drake
    Robert & Judy Flesh
    Li Gad
    Patricia & Welko Gasich
    Elisabeth Giovine
    Earl Lewis Goldberg Family Trust
    Warren & Randi Grant
    Helen Graves
    Bonnie Grey
    Katherine Heimark
    Joan Hotchkis
    Amy Hussey
    Deborah and Ivan Kallick
    Jeanine and Kevin Kay
    Chris Keyser and Susan Sprung
    Dorena Knepper
    Donna and Clifford Ko
    Jin Woo Lee
    Carol Levine
    The Matthew & Lee Love Foundation
    Robert Matheny
    Michael & Kathleen McRoskey
    Michael Meyer
    Pino Modica
    Marti Noxon
    Samar Obagi
    Hannelore Ogner
    Cathryn & Victor Palmieri
    Margaret Perella
    Lyle Poncher
    Travis Powers
    Marc Rapaport
    Anthony Reading
    Barry Reed
    Joshua Roth
    Todd Sandler
    Ginna & George Schenck
    The Shapiro Family Charitable Foundation
    Gloria Sobel
    Gene Sykes
    George-Ann Tobin
    Mike Van Konynenburg
    Elisabeth and Tim Ward
    Stephen Winston
    Dr. Wendell & Terry Wong