Thank you for visiting the LAFD Foundation's Firefighter of the Month (FFOTM) 2019 Nomination Application.
The LAFD is only as good as its people. The Firefighter of the Month stories provide an opportunity for the actions of one member of the LAFD each month to be recognized for their achievements that the general public wouldn't normally hear. We need your help to know about those individuals who deserve this type of recognition.
We welcome any and all entries for this recognition. Past stories have included members who have:
- Performed life saving actions on and/or off duty.
- Served as part of a response to a major-emergency incident and whose
- actions stood out.
- Served in other areas of the LAFD besides their normal duties (i.e. swift water
- rescue, CA-TF1, etc.)
- Made an impact to their crew, battalion and bureau overall.
- Participated in extra-curricular activities or events that promote the LAFD outside
- their normal duties. Examples include:
- Teaching youth at a cadet post,
- Volunteering their time to promote fire safety,
- C. Helping better their crew's station life in some way,
- D. Implementing creative methods to help better their crew's response to incidents.
Applications can be submitted at any time for members of any rank.
Past LAFD Foundation FFOTM stories can be found here.