BE READY FOR ANYTHING. GET PREPARED.
Los Angeles is prone to many types of emergencies. In fact, the LAFD responds to a 9-1-1 call every 35 seconds. Major disasters - like a wind-driven wildfire - place immense strain on resources and emergency personnel.
Taking simple preparedness steps can help ensure your family's safety, and give firefighters a stronger chance of protecting your property when the next wildfire threatens your neighborhood.
PREPARE AT HOME BY
- Making an emergency plan
- Building your disaster supply kit
- Getting trained in life-saving skills like first aid and CPR
HELP YOUR COMMUNITY PREPARE BY
- Clearing brush and potential fire hazards
- Assist elderly neighbors with their preparedness efforts
- Supporting our firefighters – Donations help the LAFD Foundation purchase essential tools and equipment, like hand tools